PASTE magazine recently released lists of the “best” (music, books, film, games) of the decade. As the decade rapidly comes to a close, I thought I would list my own…some are the same, but many are different.
Here’s my criteria:
1. It had to be an album that I enjoyed in the truest form–not just one or two great songs.
2. It had to have been stuck in my “CD changer” for an extended period of time
3. I often go back to it, and I never get sick of it.
4. Something that I PERSONALLY really enjoy, not just something that I think I am supposed to like.
MOXIE’S BEST ALBUMS OF 2000-2010 (in no particular order…)
10. Ryan Adams: Heartbreaker (2000)
9. Bon Iver: For Emma, Forever Ago (2007)
8. Patty Griffin: Impossible Dream (2004)
7. eastmountainsouth: self-titled (2003)
6. Caroline Herring: Lantana (2008)
5. Andrew Bird: The Mysterious Production of Eggs (2005)
4. Sufjan Stevens: Come on Feel the Illinoise (2005)
3. Indigo Girls: Despite Our Differences (2006)
2. Dave Matthews Band: Lillywhite Sessions (2000)
1. Iron and Wine: Our Endless Numbered Days (2004)
Wilco: Sky Blue Sky
David Gray: White Ladder
Justin Timberlake: FutureSexLove Sounds
Radiohead: In Rainbows