I know I gave up cynicism, but I’m having a bit of a relapse today. I’m kind of in a bad mood. Lots of things are annoying me. I thought I’d make a list of things that especially bug me. Uplifting, I know.
1. Overstatements: ex- “This is the BEST day ever!” “That is the craziest thing I have ever seen!” etc. No, it’s not.
2. Encores: We all know it’s coming. I REFUSE to clap and cheer for a band when I know it is coming right back out. Ryan Adams (a-hole as he may be) is the only artist I’ve ever seen just walk off of the stage. And I respect that.
3. Indirectness: When people ask you a question about your preference in order to convey their own preference instead of just saying it. ex: “Would you rather eat at ________??” It leaves me to wonder what they really want, and I’m expected to read between the lines. Not cool.
4. People who don’t turn right on red. Come on.
5. Reply-to-all’s at work. ugh. (misuse of a list serve is up there, too. No, I don’t want your old cat, nor your faux-wood Walmart bookcases you are SELLING for $25)
6. Lacrosse players who don’t turn in their uniforms on time leaving me to hike to the summer camp on numerous occasions. UGH! (that one’s a little bit more specific to my current circumstances…)
7. Being trapped in a conversation when I’m in a hurry. (or just don’t want to be talking to that person)
8. Watching someone use a computer who was born before 1970.
9. Yogurt juice. Gross.
Conclusion: If people were more like me, the world would be a better place.